Junior Software Engineer
Who we are
Axyon AI is a fintech company with a mission to bring AI-powered predictive value to the investment management industry. We partner with asset managers & hedge funds to deliver consistently high-performing AI-powered investment strategies by leveraging its proprietary, fully automated AI/deep learning technology for financial time series.
We are an inclusive firm and proud to support a work/life balance that meets individual and business needs. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being, personal and professional growth.
Project: Leveraging AWS Sagemaker Feature Store through a Web-Based Application
AWS Sagemaker Feature Store is a powerful tool for managing and sharing machine learning features across teams and projects. However, using it can be complicated and time-consuming, especially for users unfamiliar with AWS.
This project aims to design and implement a web-based application that will interact with our backend software to simplify creating datasets for ML models. The application will be built with popular frameworks (e.g. Laravel, VueJs/NuxtJs, Django) to create an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
Besides learning a modern web development framework, the intern will have the opportunity to look closely at how a real-world ML pipeline works and get their hands dirty with one of its most important steps, i.e. data preprocessing. In addition, the application will be developed based on Agile principles and practices.
For this role, you need to have:
- Experience with Python (version 3.10).
- Basic knowledge of MySQL or other relational databases.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies (JS/CSS/HTML)
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly Git.
- Care for code quality
Nice to have:
- BSc Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field (alternatively, a scientific degree and relevant professional experience will also be considered)
- Experience in developing scripts, tooling, and automation for computing environments (e.g., shell scripting, task automation, deployment automation).
- Familiarity with Django or similar frameworks.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks and writing unit tests.
- Problem-solving attitude with good attention to details
- Teamwork spirit, curious mindset, and a strong drive to learn and grow professionally
A working web application, documentation, and tests.
Approximately 3-4 months.
- Design phase: Understanding the problem and software requirement specification (SRS).
- Implementation phase: The application will be developed using the chosen frameworks and programming languages.
- Testing phase: Review & amends.